- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
100% Employee Only Paid Benefits: Medical, Vision, Basic Life Insurance & Long Term Disability at the completion of 60 days.
Come work for the "Best Doctors in America". HealthTexas Medical Group is a midsize healthcare organization with 15 locations in the San Antonio area. We are recognized as a Best Places to Work and Top Places to Work company with many of our physicians awarded Best Doctors in America.
HealthTexas Medical Group is looking for experienced 1-3yrs (non externship hours), hardworking Medical Receptionists for full-time clinical positions.
Must have excellent customer service and computer proficiency (EMR experience preferred).
- Follows all HealthTexas Medical Group policies and procedures to include but not limited to human resources, clinic, administrative, HIPAA and compliance.
- Greets patients and visitors. Checks in patients. Verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record and patient registration. Enters patient demographics and insurance information into the computer. Assists patients with physical difficulties. Notifies the medical assistant when a patient is ready.
- Maintains appointment schedules. Confirms appointments and obtains referral information. Verifies insurance coverage.
- Answers telephone, screens calls and visitors, takes messages, and provides routine information.
- Responsible for accurately processing charge tickets as patients exit the clinic. Reviews tickets for accuracy and completeness, determines appropriate fees for services rendered, calculates totals, collects appropriate amount from patients, and properly records information. May be responsible for posting hospital charges or other satellite services. Utilizes correct ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding methods to determine the proper code for the services rendered.
- May be required to maintain appropriate levels of cash and balance cash drawer per company procedure.
- Processes payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
- Responsible for cross-checking tickets and correcting all detected errors; notifies supervisor and patient of corrections. Reconciles daily charge tickets within established guidelines.
- Refers patients to supervisor for clarification or discussion of account and/or payment terms.
- Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment and supplies inventory. Maintains appropriate supply inventory.
- Maintains patient medical records, reports and other information according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks and related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 year of physician office experience (not including externship), knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of managed care preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, and good math knowledge essential.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- HealthTexas is a smoke-free organization.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!